Sign in to follow this  
anyweb

11 Days till Leonidas arrives

fedora11-countdown-banner-11.en.png

in the meantime, take a look at these extensive spins of Fedora 11 Preview,

has anyone tried the Live Game Spin ??

F11-Preview-i686-Live-Games.torrent The Fedora Games spin offers a perfect show-case of the best games available in Fedora 11. 3.9G 2009-04-28

http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

cheers

anyweb

Posting this from it now Anyweb.

Had the blank screen issue as I own an Nvidia card, passing 'nouveau.modeset=1' to the kernel fixed it all for me. PulseAudio defaulted my creative sound blaster to digital, took me a while to find the correct volume control to change it. Now its perfect, running very well, I can honestly say its far more responsive than Fedora 10 was. Installed to my Hard drive and now my main OS.

fedora11_screenshot_resized.jpg

nice screenshot, which spin are you using there and did you config the dock yourself ?

I actually just used the standard Fedora Live x86_64 Gnome Preview image, I had wanted to try F11-Preview-x86_64-Live-Games but the blank screen issue forced me to grab a standard image to make sure it was a problem with Fedora 11's new nouveau driver.

The dock is Gnome-do and its Docky theme. Now part of fedora 11, just a simple 'yum install gnome-do' away. Select the docky theme from gnome-do settings. (Requires Compiz)

I will be giving the F11-Preview-x86_64-Live-XFCE image a spin on the kids Acer Aspire one, she is a big fan of Fedora 10. I will probably wait for a final version first though, been a lot of updates over the last week.

nice ! as soon as my bittorent download finishes i'll give it a whirl, i'm downloading the 3.8gb Fedora 11 preview games pack, i really want to see how good it is and also to try your dock suggestions

post-1-1243275457.png

cheers

anyweb

Nice, let me know what you think of the Games spin.

Its in the RPM Fusion repo.

Install RPM Fusion,

su -c 'rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm'

Then install cairo-dock

su -c "yum install cairo-dock"

thanks Yeok,

by the way, Christopher is my eldest son (he's 10) and i installed fedora 11 game preview on his computer dual boot with Vista Ultimate,

cheers

anyweb

Your missing the public keys, it should sort that for you but I think it could be an issue with Fedora 11 being stuck in limbo between Rawhide and official 11 release. Try,

su -c "rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-*"

Then try install the dock with the command.

su -c "yum install cairo-dock"<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

@ Anyweb, wow your 10 year old kid getting on with Fedora. I'm impressed.

try using the whole line

su -c "rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-*"

I just noticed a post about this over at Fedora forums. Seems to be an issue but I'm not sure why. Everything is working for me.

Can you tell me what the following command shows;

# yum repolist

Mine looks like this:

yum repolist
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
repo id                                      repo name                                                       status
fedora                                       Fedora 11 - x86_64                                              enabled: 16,577
fusion                                       Compiz Fusion repository                                        enabled:     42
livna                                        rpm.livna.org for 11 - x86_64                                   enabled:      3
rpmfusion-free                               RPM Fusion for Fedora 11 - Free                                 enabled:    517
rpmfusion-free-updates                       RPM Fusion for Fedora 11 - Free - Updates                       enabled:      0
rpmfusion-nonfree                            RPM Fusion for Fedora 11 - Nonfree                              enabled:    196
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                    RPM Fusion for Fedora 11 - Nonfree - Updates                    enabled:      0
updates                                      Fedora 11 - x86_64 - Updates                                    enabled:  1,519
repolist: 18,854

Also, try to force a yum update with the following commands;

# yum clean all

and;

# yum --nogpgcheck update

I'm saying force the update because I don't remember having to do any fixes to get things working here but do remember having to force an update.

Strange, I guess it must be an issue with RPMFusion. You will simply have to install and ignore the checks until we either figure out what's wrong, or things get fixed.

# su -c "yum install --nogpgcheck cairo-dock"