Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
get two sound streams playing at once
I've always hated that linux can't do this and windows can. Why do windows users get to have two different programs access the sound card. Well linux can do it to. The best way is to have a sound card that is supported in Alsa. Most people use xmms. Xmms defaults its output to OSS which will take control of the soundcard and if you launch mozilla and watch a flash page there will be no sound :/. So open up the config in xmms and change the output to Alsa if you use the alsa drivers. If you use kde or gnome you can use artsd or esound. There will be some latency when using those. I'd try alsa first.
It works fine for me with my Creative SB Live! using emu10k1 kernel module, not even alsa...you need to have multiple channels enabled on your soundcard, for some cards you need to use ALSA.

Well, i guess meny people won't create a driver for Linux because Linux is free os, windows is not. so they make some more profit for development of driver.

I honnestly hate windows because it biggest expolits. Linux is extreme Secure! :)

so it time for them to get thier butt move on and create a driver and apps for linux NOW!