Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenShot -- Video Editing Made Simple

Quote:Desktop Linux isn't necessarily the first platform you'd think of going to for video editing. Despite that, there are several great projects that offer video editing functionality; things like PiTiVi, Cinelerra and Kino to name just a few. 

Jonathan Thomas wasn't satisfied with the existing video editing solutions on Linux, however. They weren't easy enough to use, powerful or stable enough. Enter OpenShot, Jonathan's solution.

Disclaimer -- I wrote this article. So this is somewhat shameless self-promotion!

Read the full article

I was excited to give this a try, but I can't seem to find links to the source, just Ubuntu links :(

Anyway, nice write up. I will look forward to more of your reviews.

Quote:Anyway, nice write up. I will look forward to more of your reviews.

Thanks!

Quote:I was excited to give this a try, but I can't seem to find links to the source, just Ubuntu links :(

According to the download page, the source is available as part of the build wizard link provided, but I haven't tried it so I don't know how that works. http://launchpad.net/openshot/build-wiza...0.6.tar.gz

I did grab that, the README says its designed for Ubuntu. I may give it a go later but have a feeling it will use apt-get to grab its needed packages.

great write up :)

next time ya might do one here :P