Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you feel weird??

When you use Windows for years. and try to stop useing windows and use Linux. it makes you feel different and, don't know what to do next heh.

don't you feel that??

i just feel odd... well, i guess - alot of files is on windows machine heh. the sound is so quiet coz normally MSN pops up that make sounds.

i dont feel weird becuase i use both all the time,

oh and gaim sure can be annoying, infact its more annoying than msn messenger

heh

cheers

anyweb

yes i just notice that Gaim is getting annoying LOL. so i once i get angry then i will disable the sound.

so far, i like Linux more.. because it faster than windows.

I just unplug the CRT connection, and got TFT hooked up, so now i can read the texts better :)it a bit bigger than the CRT.

luckily I learned linux before I ever got onto windows. So to me windows makes much less sense, and I can never seem to find what I want without hunting through gui menus. All IM programs can get annoying, I much prefer IRC.
Nah, I don't feel weird. I just feel glad to know there is something else out there than the MS world. Something that is good at that.
If you don't like Gaim, try Kopete.. it's much better. Too bad it's a KDE app though. :)

Quote:i dont feel weird becuase i use both all the time

Same here, I always use both B)

Quote:i just feel odd... well, i guess - alot of files is on windows machine heh. the sound is so quiet coz normally MSN pops up that make sounds.
Yes, very quiet and very alien-looking. It threw off the karma of my entire room at first, but Im getting used to it..

Quote:oh and gaim sure can be annoying, infact its more annoying than msn messenger

I figure gaim would be a lot easier to handle after two simple steps:

1- Extract the sounds from Windows aim, subdue the volume, and set them to gaim's sounds.

2- Open the source code for gaim and switch the red and blue font colors back to the original way.

Geezus...I love gaim! After using AIM for soooo long, it was a very welcome change. No ads, and it's multi-platform and multi-protocol. I use it on Windows 2k Pro, XP, Slack, and Fedora. Of course, the only computer I use gaim with has no sound...hmm.

-beej

=]