Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wanted: News Poster

Wanted: Linux News poster,

if you can post news, links and info about anything linux related that is happening now, today, this week, then let me know, I'd like the news section to remain current, and it needs a dedicated person to do that,

cheers

niall

Hey Anyweb,

I don't think I'm the right person for this, but I'm wondering what are other ways I can contribute to the forum? I'm still a beginner and still have alot to learn but I would like to help out or contribute to the forums. And I want to be more active on the forums but I never really know what to post, cuz I usually read topics. I know you haven't heard from me in a while so no problem if you don't want me helping out or contributing. You can always pm me :)

Greetings,

Feedmebits

Quote:...I'm wondering what are other ways I can contribute to the forum?

...I never really know what to post...

Suggestions were mentioned above!

Quote:if you can post news, links and info about anything linux-related that is happening now, today, this week...

In essence, if you feel it's newsworthy and deserves wider attention - post it here!

Anything to stimulate discussion, tips, tricks.. the forum us yer oyster!

So basically anything I read about Linux that makes good discussion and stuff like that. Will try to find something to post [img]<___base_url___>/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

I don't have rights to post in the news section and can't find any other section to post this so will post it here for now.

Linux has beaten Microsoft in several key emerging battles :) Interesting article

via http://www.linuxinsider.com

This my first news post even, so let me know what I can improve or how I should post it differently

you do have rights now, sorry for the delay been busy :)

i've created a News Poster group and permissions set, you are in it, please test posting news in the Linux News section

cheers

niall

Thanks np :) I'll just do a random test post writing something and I'll edit it to something real tomorrow.

Think this post can be moved to news too

Still says you cannot start topic under Linux News section. I tried relogging and emptying my cache. Same result.
ok should work now, please try again, sorry for the hassle.

Quote:ok should work now, please try again, sorry for the hassle.

np, I'm in no rush :) I'll try it now.

and I made new post under General Chat about CentOS 6 if you could move that to linux news. thanks :)