Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!

Hello everyone from an aging noob lol. I have wanted to join a forum and learn as much as i possibly can about Linux for quite sometime now so here i am.

I am currently running Ubuntu 11.04 on a 160GB Hard-Drive and have installed Lubuntu 11.04 on a separate 200GB Hard-Drive. I would really like to learn how i might install these two hard drives into the same machine and eventually i would like to learn how to dual boot two different Linux Operating Systems. Well that's my wish list for the present. Cya!

By the lack of activity in the forums i can only summise that this site is sadly defunct bye!

adding the two drives into the same machine isnt hard, have you tried it ? are they ide or sata ? if ide you'll need to jumper them,

once the drives are in to dual boot you'll need to configure your boot loader (grub)

Quote:By the lack of activity in the forums i can only summise that this site is sadly defunct bye!

There forum here isn't as active as some other forums but the people that are active are helpfull.

but if you think that we won't be helpfull to you you could try http://ubuntuforums.org/ But just be

patient and give us a chance :)

mm.. well, a fleeting one-day visit. Still...!
LOL talk about impatience I have been on this site less than a week. Not only have I got great tips (thanks for the suggestion on Fedora guys) I feel pretty much safe to ask any questions I want here. The main reason I'm still using linux is because of you guys thanks!

Quote: 

mm.. well, a fleeting one-day visit. Still...!

Way to be positive Dave!! [img]<___base_url___>//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png[/img]

Quote:LOL talk about impatience I have been on this site less than a week. Not only have I got great tips (thanks for the suggestion on Fedora guys) I feel pretty much safe to ask any questions I want here. The main reason I'm still using linux is because of you guys thanks!

Glad you do appreciate the forums Bevior :)

Quote:Way to be positive Dave!! [img]<___base_url___>//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png[/img]
Well, it was more "observational" than "positive".

Chaser declared the forums defunct - I'm willing to bet they didn't even take the effort to check any other threads to gauge the level of activity but judged purely upon no response to their post within 24hrs. As Bevior pointed out, sometimes the answers don't present themselves immediately.

There's helping noobs, and there's combatting impatience. Sometimes they overlap, but one *does* directly affect the other.

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="15078" data-ipsquote-username="feedmebits" data-cite="feedmebits" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1315289230" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="4147" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>
Way to be positive Dave!! [img]<___base_url___>//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png[/img]
Well, it was more "observational" than "positive".

Chaser declared the forums defunct - I'm willing to bet they didn't even take the effort to check any other threads to gauge the level of activity but judged purely upon no response to their post within 24hrs. As Bevior pointed out, sometimes the answers don't present themselves immediately.

There's helping noobs, and there's combatting impatience. Sometimes they overlap, but one *does* directly affect the other.

</div></blockquote>

Now that you put it that way I agree with you :)

Hello Everyone I am sam I am new in this forum