Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing size of the dev/loop0 partition

hi

im Installed my linux out from the windows with the wubi... and there the sice of the Installation partition is limitet to 30 gigs. is there any way to change the size of the dev/loop0 partition?

thanks for any answer

noob.fl

You'll have to forgive me, as I haven't played with Wubi recently enough to be particularly experienced with it.

There does seem to be a guide on this on the Ubuntu forums here. The process might be a little bit involved (you may need an Ubuntu Forums account to download the script, not that we're sending you away by any means!), but that script does appear to create a copy of your virtual disks, while making them larger at the same time. You then swap the 'new' larger disk for the old one by renaming them, and you should have more space when you reboot back into the Wubi Ubuntu install.

As I say, I'm no Wubi expert, so it's quite possible someone else will think of a better way to do this.

If you need any specific help actually running through those commands, or run into trouble, we can try and help go through each step.

Let us know how you get on! :)

I've never done anything with wubi either. First time I ever tried Linux was by installing it in a virtual environment via virtualbox . You can make a vm(virtual machine) and then select how big you want the disk to be and it'll take less space cuz it's virtual space. And you can try different Linux distro's to see which one suits you best. And my personal opinion is, why run ubuntu as a windows app when it's an OS itself? So I would go for a virtual environment if i were you :)Cheers!!
Done it now... if killed my windows (just missed the FL Studio 10 and Android rooting tools) and now just the mint running on my pc :):)
maybee for important things i will build a VR xp ;)