Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fedora 22 onward

For Your Information

If you wondering where YUM has gone, they have replaced with DNF. it works pretty the same as yum. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF?rd=Dnf

Syntax

old: 

Code:
yum install <package>

new:

Code:
dnf install <package>

You will still need to use sudoers to execute this command. 

Still using CentOS7 here, this will probably be also in the next version of RHEL :)
you mean CentOS7 will become RHEL in the next version? but RHEL is not free distro? 

Quote:<div>you mean CentOS7 will become RHEL in the next version? but RHEL is not free distro? 
</div>
No I meant, I'm still running CentOS7(based on RHEL7), dnf wil probably be in the next RHEL version, so als on the next CentOS version ;)

Ahh I get it now cheers, RHEL8 will be using resources from Fedora 27, I saw it on article somewhere. by any change has any of yous moved to IRC server or it died?

Cheers mate

Quote:<div>
Ahh I get it now cheers, RHEL8 will be using resources from Fedora 27, I saw it on article somewhere. by any change has any of yous moved to IRC server or it died?

Cheers mate

</div>
The only irc channel I know that some people from here were on is on irc.foreverchat #linux, but they rarely talk about linux there. What server and channel was it on before?

It was on efnet channel #linux-noob.there are only bots idle there. Will check this IRC out. Cheers.

Quote:<div>It was on efnet channel #linux-noob.there are only bots idle there. Will check this IRC out. Cheers.
</div>
Only two people that were on there were hybrid and Dungeon-Dave, but hybrid hasn't been on in a long time, but there are some other nice people there just usually not about Linux.

I have popped over on there to have a look lol. I registered username on there :)so might see you on there.