Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No POSTS!!!! Slackware is the best distro ever

:)

Oldest distro around ? yes.

Best distro around ? Oh yes.

Most misunderstood distro around? Hell yes.

Give it a try - you might find it quite surprising.

I didn't have any chance to try out the Slackware. but one day i will!!! :)
slack is for people that like to think they are "leet"
personally, I think slackware is lame. If you want something that bare bones, you should go for one of the BSD's. The package management there isn't terrible like Slack's ....
agreed
There's something to be said for making tasks harder so you have more of a challenge, though. It's called masochism.

hmmm... slack difficult to install/use? No way!

Okay, I am a linux noob, I've used Mandrake 9.0 and Knoppix (brilliant distro!), and then I decided to install Slackware 9.1 on an old Toshiba laptop. I had no problems at all... even the PCMCIA network card and infra-red port is working. I was really put off by things I heard but I had no problems.

Still haven't found my perfect distro yet, maybe because of too much M$ OS abuse ;) So I mainly use 98se, XP and Knoppix-STD every so often.

noone said it was difficult to install or use, its just more of a pain in the ass to administrate. If you were not a Noob you would know that.

I use slackware on my desktop at home and I'd even go as far as putting it into production.9.1 has come a long way since like 4. With swaret and slapt (slackware port of apt) the package upgrades are fairly easy.

I even upgraded a 8.0 -> 9.1 using swaret

Quote::) 

Oldest distro around ? yes.

Best distro around ? Oh yes.

Most misunderstood distro around? Hell yes.

Give it a try - you might find it quite surprising.
[img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_ohmy.png[/img]:)[img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif[/img]:/B) true true