Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harddrive problems :(
just wondering about my harddrive here.. when my computer went outta stand by there was a loud cluncking noise from the harddrive the hard drive that made the noise is a "ibm deskstar 80gig 7200rpm with a 8mb cache" has anyone has any problems or does anyone have idea what may have casued this ?
I don't know, but the "cluncking" noise doesn't seem like a good thing, sounds like the hard drive may be failing [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_ph34r.png[/img]

Quote:ibm deskstar 80gig 7200rpm with a 8mb cache

I'mma gonna have to let you in on a little secret. I've heard that the 80 and 120 GB/hdds from IBM had a minor issue with crashing, hence leaving you with a disk that is junk.

I found this out, SHORTLY, after I had purchased my NEW 120GB hdd. So I've got all my important saved information like... well, the goodies saved on my network. Hope this helps you out any.

The clunking noise normally sounds like the click of death for HDD's, wish I could tell you some good news!!!

Oh, I just saved 10% on my car insurance.?!?!!

By switching to GEICO?

p.s. I had an IBM deathstar die on me too - fsckin' clucking...

if ya having prob with HDD, best use Low level format. to fix the bad clusters. or if you still got a warranty then u can get a replacement other wise by new one o_O

cheers for the responce I will look in to this further and report any problems or anything that i learn. B)

Cheers A-dam.