Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD Conversion

The ticking of the clock starts to echo louder and louder as I know the time is near. It is now less than one hour before I must be at a site prepairing for todays Active Directory and Domain conversion.

I must say, "This will be fun." - Great sarcasim.

Let me give you a little background, this might make the meaning of this story better.

Less than a year ago I resigned as a "Server Engineer / Network Admin." Due to a pay scale and lack of support from management. You could say I was bent over taking it like a...uh, well you get the idea.

Today I am working for a great company. One that leaves much space for growth and other employment opportunities for myself. However, one thing is lacking. This one such element that seems to be missing is no other than time. Time is very important, and as they say "Time is money."

Ironically, the previous company has recently contacted me to do some "contract work" This is great, because now I am no longer the receiving end (Jumps with joy). So I accepted the offer at contract rates.

To make this story a bit shorter, I'm heading up their today to do work for a company that could have already been done had it not been for my leaving. Now, not only do they have problems with everything, but they are paying me higher rates than if they would have just kept me.

People should not run a technical operation if they have no technical ability.

I guess that's my thought for the day. Enjoy o_O