Linux-Noob Forums

Full Version: Do you use GPG or PGP to sign or encrypt your emai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering what percentage of the group that reads this use GPG or PGP to encrypt or sign their email messages. If you answer the poll, how about adding a message to the topic to explain why or why not.

i dont use it because i dont send/receive any email that i consider needing encrypting

also, anyone i email probably doesnt even know what linux is let alone PGP/GPG

cheers

anyweb

never signed my mails.. but do encrypt to those friends who know what it is [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif[/img]

not that much i have to admit though

I like to encrypt my course work for College you never know what smack head is going

to try copy it I use gpg -e to encrypt also with -a to armor it :) little extra security.

Quote:i dont use it because i dont send/receive any email that i consider needing encrypting 

also, anyone i email probably doesnt even know what linux is let alone PGP/GPG

cheers

anyweb

Same here. I'll encrypt course work but that is only because I send it to myself. ;)

I asked one of my non-computer authenticated friends what he thought linux was and he thought it was a shampoo! [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png[/img]

I only encrypt mails when they contain sensitive information. But as this doesn't happen very often I voted 'no'. ;)
I have read that it only takes one to start a movement. Unfortunatly, i've not been able to get this movement to move. ;)
proof of the lack of interest in it is that all the posts here are from non-noobs :)

I use PGP, but only when emailing customers about "secure" or "sensitive" data.

*shrug* everything else I just don't care about. Not sure if thats the wise decision or not.

-henry

Quote:I'm wondering what percentage of the group that reads this use GPG or PGP to encrypt or sign their email messages.  If you answer the poll, how about adding a message to the topic to explain why or why not.

i dont, because i dont send any mails. heh.