Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
redwall firewall newbie
im newbie in linux..and trying to build a firewall..can u all help me plz..in setup..and configuration..coz im so..frustrated now..alredy trying setup it for 4 days and still not done it..the other PC cant receive the connection from my redwall box..im so noob :(

redwall is not that well known when it comes to linux firewalls (not listed on distrowatch.com), smoothwall and monowall are far more popular,

is there any particular reason you decided to try redwall ? I myself use smoothwall express 3 and love it so would be more than happy to help you configure that distro,

but as regards RedWall, you'll need to give more info about exactly what the problem you are having in order for us to help

hi there,

-i just installed sw3..and installed it..but my prob now..i can update my av..but cant access internet..like serch google..wats the prob? o_O

-are my configuration wrong? [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_ohmy.png[/img]

and thanx fr yr reply.. [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png[/img]

can you ping the folllowing ?

ping 87.248.113.14

if you can, then you have DNS problems and you need to correctly specify the nameserver (ip address)

to do that, (assuming you stayed with the default 192.168.0.1 ip address for smoothwall)

login here https://192.168.0.1:441/cgi-bin/interfaces.cgi

and point the DNS and Gateway settings: to your ISP's DNS.

cheers

anyweb