Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beryl in F7 (and other problems)

I install F7 and now i just want to get Beryl to work.

My secondary objectives are to find a good torrent of XP, when i use azereus i will see things like " peers 0(125) seeds 0(123)" So i am like !!? i cannot download torrents? huh why wont they connect? So i need help on that too.

But back to beryl, I install,run and WHITE SCREEN! HUH????? Yeah i get a solid white screen!!!

I am using a Diamond ATI Stealth X1550 256mb graphics card does Linux support this?

Quick update: While in this white screen i screwed with random buttons and mouse motions and it is actually a 3d hexagon i think. On all faces it is white with any shadow effects and on the top and bottom it is black the the Fedora Emblem in the center. Please help.

-----------------------------

To all of you, Thanks for reading and "Live long and prosper" -Spock

Guys please stop reading then saying "wow this guy is a NOOB!" lol and help please.

I have made a slight advancement in beryl i got it to work.....technicaly. Using console :

IT UBER LAGS its like trying to run Hal Life 2 on a 32MB Card!!!!!!!

Where can i get an ATI driver for F7???

Also now every window i open is titled Beryl? I turned it off and i cannot move windows???

Ty

have you tried www.ati.com they supply linux drivers ?

I will try ati.com i just thought that they wouldn't support linux. lol

Thanks

I went to ati.com and i did not see my card listed? So i selected a card that was the closest titled.

I am using an ATI Diamond Stealth X1550 256mb PCI-E

Something that confuses me is that Diamond and ATI are different companies aren't they?

Anyway i checked there side too and nothing. :(

I didn't see anything on linux.

Are there any drivers created by the linux community?

Like modded drivers or custom made?

Anyway when i downloaded what i did find from ati.com i ran it (i think i executed it i am still VERY new/noobish/confused with linux interface) and a window and it says something about binary or unicode problems i..forgot. So what does it mean?