Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX and Fedora 7

I've never been much of a linux user, though I have dabbled around with FreeBSD for years. However, since my addiction (World of Warcraft) runs primarily on Windows (as well as drivers for most of my hardware that Fedora tends to hate) I've been using XP for quite a while. Anyway, after installing a SATA II drive, I decided to install Fedora 7. So far it has been a nice little addition to the machine, the sound is alright and if I could just get Nvidia's drivers to work I'd be better off, but that isn't the issue. At the moment, I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX, which is a USB 7.1 card, and have been having a bit of trouble figuring out how to actually enable all channels with Fedora. At the moment, Fedora treats my 5.1 setup like a 2.1 (2 satellite, 1 subwoofer) setup :/ I've hunted all over Fedora and the net for solutions, but have yet to find any.

I'm not sure if it's the drivers (and good luck finding some for Fedora, or Linux period) that Fedora came with or if there is a panel somewhere that I change the speaker setup with (similar to Windows' Sound Devices). Any and all help appreciated.