Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vhost on irc

Okey .. so .. i`ve done a lot of things on linux .. and i know what i`m intrested about .. but now i have something else that i`m intrested .. and i really can`t find any solid documentation how to do it ..

so .. i have my own linux machine with slack 10.2 ( static ip ofcourse ) & my own domain .

The domain`s nameserver is on my linux machine so everything is okay so far.

Besides everything else that i run on the slack , i have a psybnc.

I want to set up a vhost ( on my domain ) .. so when I connect to a irc network , the name of the domain is shown , not the ip.

I've read about Reverse DNS , but i really can`t get it ...

So ... by any change .. can somebody explain to me .. step by step .. what i have to do ?

Thanks very much & waiting for an answer.

well first of all.. do you have ownership over your ISP to reverse that IP?

Quote:well first of all.. do you have ownership over your ISP to reverse that IP?

well .. be more exact .. i know a lot of people from my ISP .. and if there is something that needs to be done , at there end .. i think i can ask someone to do it ..

so ... step by step pls :|

first call your ISP and ask them go get ownership over your IP to reverse the IP

Quote:first call your ISP and ask them go get ownership over your IP to reverse the IP

Done. What`s next ?

Ps: sorry for the delay .. i got bussy with other work .. and forghet to tell the ISP to reverse the IP.