Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creating image from floppy

hi,

would it be possible to hide a file, delete a file and put some other types of files in a floppy, then make an image of it and let someone to extract those files using any tool......also can anyone tell me how to make an image using linux(suse) commands...

thank you

Quote:hi, 

would it be possible to hide a file, delete a file and put some other types of files in a floppy, then make an image of it and let someone to extract those files using any tool......also can anyone tell me how to make an image using linux(suse) commands...

thank you

If you have a physical floppy disk, you can make an image of it using the dd tool. Anyone else using Linux can write your image back to a floppy.

Code:
dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/home/username/myfloppyimage

To write the image back to floppy:

Code:
dd if=/home/username/myfloppyimage of=/dev/fd0

You could do a similar thing if you want to make a .iso CD image from a folder full of files, not sure if this is related to what you want to do but I'll say it anyway:

Code:
cd isofolder (folder full of files)
mkisofs -o myiso.iso

myiso.iso will be in this folder and ready to use.

hi,

thanks alot for the info. i have one more question.

when the image is written to the diskette would it be possible to recover the deleted file as well?

thank you

^^ i did the above, writing the image to floppy, but nothing is in floppy have i done anything wrong?

this is the output:

Code:
2880+0 records in
2880+0 records out
1474560 bytes (1.5 MB) copied, 47.5336 seconds, 31.0 kB/s