Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open up my second hard drive on here?

Quote:BUT BUT BUT!! .. I would highly suggest you don't do this, find another method of exchanging the information between the distros. For instance make a small FAT32 partition, Linux and WinXP can happily share that space and write/read from it with no danger of information loss.)

So if I formatted it into fat32 linux would read it easily and i would be able to read and write to it? My heads spinning, i'm just looking for a quick & easy solution :)[img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png[/img]

Quote:So if I formatted it into fat32, linux would read it easily

Yes, remember that you would loose the data of the NTFS partition if you format. But WinXP will work fine on FAT32 .. and Linux will work with FAT32. FAT32 has complete support by Linux it will read/write fine. The loss is on the security side, under FAT32 no files can be made private.

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="8689" data-ipsquote-username="mizzy" data-cite="mizzy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="2349" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So if I formatted it into fat32, linux would read it easily

Yes, remember that you would loose the data of the NTFS partition if you format. But WinXP will work fine on FAT32 .. and Linux will work with FAT32. FAT32 has complete support by Linux it will read/write fine. The loss is on the security side, under FAT32 no files can be made private.

</div></blockquote>

That don't really matter I think. I used to have windows on here but now it's only linux as my main system and windows as a "just in case" kinda thing.

If I formatted it in FAT32 (using windows disk if thats good enough?) copied all my docs back over, how do I access it then? Does it just show up in my computer?

No need to reply, got it sorted :)Not done it yet, still backing up drive getting it ready to format, but i'm confident that it will work.

For anyone else who wants to do this, you need to read that: [/url][url=http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.p...highlight=fat32]http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.p...highlight=fat32

That is how to connect for the file system FAT32 :)Cheers everyone, would be lost without this site :P:)