Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thunderbird Installtion

I have done a search, but I can't find what I want. I want to install thunderbird on FC4 and I have downloaded the linux version from:

[/url][url=http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.h...ux%E2%8C%A9=en-US]http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.h...ux〈=en-US

I can't find a rpm for this and have to install the .tar.gz version.

The normal way that I go about to install a program is:

* cd /home/mizzy

* tar -xvzf thunderbird-1.5.0.2.tar.gz

* cd thunderbird

* ./configure && make && checkinstall

But the ./configure step doesn't work because I don't think that there is a configure file in there o_O

Code:
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

I have gone to the read me file, but it directs me to their webpage which I can't find help for linux installtions [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_dry.png[/img]:(

All I can seem to do, is extract it, but not install it. Any idea's guys?

Quote:All I can seem to do, is extract it, but not install it. Any idea's guys?

Not looked at the source for this before, try looking for an "auto" file. It might need to build the configure script first (some installs do). Give me a listing for the directory and I can tell.

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="8319" data-ipsquote-username="mizzy" data-cite="mizzy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="2278" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>All I can seem to do, is extract it, but not install it. Any idea's guys?

Not looked at the source for this before, try looking for an "auto" file. It might need to build the configure script first (some installs do). Give me a listing for the directory and I can tell.

</div></blockquote>

AFAIK, the Firefox and Thunderbird tar.gz files are binaries.

You should be able to run the application by typing ./thunderbird

Nope, that didn't work [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_wacko.png[/img] I did get it installed eventually. Just yumed thunderbird, worked a treat!

*loves the yum cmd* B):):):)