Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUSE 10 Easter Egg?

I just booted a very old system with a SUSE 10 floppy disk and instead of the standard theme for the installation boot menu thing, there was a rather festive Lemmings-like level in the background with a snowy winter scene (but, with Tuxes rather than Lemmings). Reminds me of the Linux game Pingus... :)

I would have posted a screenshot, but I had to reboot the machine and on reboot it was back to the default SUSE screen again. Easter egg? Don't know why I couldn't get it to work the second time, though. :)

I got that too on LinuxLive

Quote:I just booted a very old system with a SUSE 10 floppy disk and instead of the standard theme for the installation boot menu thing, there was a rather festive Lemmings-like level in the background with a snowy winter scene (but, with Tuxes rather than Lemmings). Reminds me of the Linux game Pingus... :) 

I would have posted a screenshot, but I had to reboot the machine and on reboot it was back to the default SUSE screen again. Easter egg? Don't know why I couldn't get it to work the second time, though. :)

SuSE has been a constant supporter of animated bootsplashes :)BootSplash indicates that SuSE 7.3 was the first.. :P

It isn't an easter egg, as far as I was aware it is in the default kernel for SuSE's install disk?