Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY Suse 10 Problems

Hello, I have latly been interested in installing linux on my Acer 5672 Laptop and still keeping Windows XP Pro. I have been able to install LInux but it gets ride of my NTSC or FAT32 Partition. I have Tryed using partition magic to unaloocate soem space to us on my Hard disc but Yast doesnt seam to see my WIndows partition. And when i try to exit yast i cant boot back up to xp and i have reload home then use the acer recvery disk to get xp pro back. I dunno if this is a Bug or what? If someone could should me a tut i could us or give me some info on it i would deeply apperseate it!

Thanks in Advance

Cwood06

normally its advisable to create a blank (say 10 gb or so) partition (unformatted) with partition magic.

then when pm is done its job reboot the computer, and in XP right click on my computer, choose 'manage' and then choose 'disk management'

locate the new partition you just created and if it has a drive letter assigned to it, or is in FAT or NTFS then highlight it and completely DELETE it.

now you are ready to install linux, boot the computer using your linux CD and when it comes to the partitioning section, let linux 'auto-partition' the BLANK PARTITION, and let GRUB manage your BOOT LOADER

that way you can dual boot xp and linux

hope this helps

cheers

anyweb