Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default Fedora Core 4 Firewall Issue

Hello,

Whenever I go to unblock a port from the default firewall in Fedora Core 4 and a service is NOT listening on that port, the application crashes.

If I run it from the terminal, I get output that states in the config.py file there is a call to getServiceByPort (or something to that matter). Since there is no service attached to that port, the script fails and the application does not execute. I can, of course, go into the configuration file and remove the port but I want it unblocked, not blocked. Has anyone else had this issue before? Is there a fix?

Sorry for the lack of details; I'm not infront of my machine right now to produce the error.

Thanks for any insight/help you can give,

Iyce

what application crashes exactly ?

how about using iptables via a script to block/unblock your ports instead

then run the script to make the changes

heres a sample

[/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=1644][/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=1644]https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1644

cheers

anyweb

Not familiar with IPTables but I will investigate that further to solve my problem.

When I am at home, later this evening, I'll reproduce the error and post it.

The application I'm running is the Network/Security setting (it's the one that lets you choose your firewall ports to unblock and the SELinux settings... forget the name off the top of my head; has the traffic lights as an icon)

Thanks for your help,

Iyce