Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuring VSFTPd Server

I've got a CentOS 5.2 box and I need to allow FTPS access to a user with Implicit SSL over port 990.

I need to do this because we have a client who is already uploading files onto a windows server using this method and they want to use the same method to upload to my Linux/Apache server.

I've discovered that CentOS doesn't have a version of VSFTP new enough to do this correctly, so I downloaded, patched and installed version 2.1 from a Fedora source. It seemed to work correctly, but I still can't seem to get the implicit SSL to work correctly. I've tried putting "Implicit_SSL=YES" but I get this error:

Starting vsftpd for vsftpd: 500 OOPS: unrecognised variable in config file: Implicit_SSL

There just don't seem to be any good resources online for this....maybe it won't work how I think it will. Any ideas? Thanks.

There are other settings that need to be added. Firstly, have you created a certificate? The path to this one needs to be specified, for example:

Code:
ssl_enable=YES
ssl_tlsv1=YES
ssl_sslv2=NO
rsa_cert_file=/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.pem

I don't use VSFTPD much, but have configured FTPS and SFTP successfully using Pure-ftpd (I found it much easier to use).

Thank you...