Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a Launcher for a Program Installed with Wine

Program Installed: Photoshop 7.0

I would like to create a launcher on my desktop to run Photoshop. What would an example command 'syntax' for doing this?

I've tried:

wine
/.wine/____/ ____/
photoshop.exe

/.wine/____/____/
wine
photoshop.exe

When I double click on the new launcher, it seems like it's trying to do something (the hour glass shows up) but it never opens photoshop.

Help?

*The blank lines (_____) just represent the directory folders that lead to the one containing photoshop.exe.

Actually... I think I found the answer. I'm going to try once I get home.

Quote:If the application doesn't install menu or desktop items, you'll need to run the app from the command line. Remembering where you installed to, something like:  

$ wine "c:\program files\appname\appname.exe"

will probably do the trick. The path isn't case sensitive, but remember to include the double quotes. Some programs don't always use obvious naming for their directories and EXE files, so you might have to look inside the program files directory to see what was put where.

Source = [/url][url=http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wineusr-gu...ing#BASIC-USAGE]http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wineusr-gu...ing#BASIC-USAGE

Yup! It worked. :)

o_O

he came he queried he solved it himself .. HAHA awesome ;)

[img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png[/img]

I was WAAYYY off the firs time! [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I would just like to take some time to expand on this a bit and "tutorialize" it for more simple use for other people trying to do the same thing:

To Make a Photoshop Launcher in Suse 10.x under KDE (and possibly under GNOME) with wine 0.9.21:

1.) After installing Photoshop with Wine, right click anywhere on your panel and click "Add Applet to Panel..."

2.) Scroll down the list of Applets until you find the one called "Non-KDE Application Launcher". Highlight it and click "Add to Panel". A diagram will appear.

3.) Give our new button a name and a description.

4.) Under "Executable" type (or copy/paste):

Code:
wine "c:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe"

(Note: My installation could be different from yours, so be sure to get the directories right. Wine installs under home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/ if you need to check.

5.) Click okay and your done! Try it out. If it doesn't work, you may need to double check the directory.

:)

good work SendDerek. keep it up !

by the way to add a new launcher you can right click anywhere on a desktop and choose 'create new launcher'.

cheers

anyweb

Thanks!

:)

And the shortcut you mentioned would be a easier way!