Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy

Howdy Yall,

I am a Linux "noob" but am hoping that I can learn it pretty fast. I am proficient in Microsoft networking and am certified in many areas but I would like to get away from the Microsoft monopoly on my business network. I am hoping to learn enough about Linux to migrate our website from IIS to Apache and to use Linux to run additional file servers. I may also use Linux to take over as the primary print server on our network but that is not a priority right now. I currently have no plans to migrate our domain off of Active Directory but I am not ruling that out for the future. Upgrade costs are so darned expensive, I may have to consider it at some point.

I am currently using Fedora Core 4 as a learning tool on my home computer and test computers at work. I like what I have seen so far and seem to be picking it up pretty quickly. I already have a functioning Apache web server on one of my work test computers. I got it installed and configured Sunday evening. Not bad considering the first time I ever sat down with Linux was last Saturday.

I have read through some of the posts here and have learned a good bit. I have also "googled" a lot of info lately. Linux seems to be very promising for my needs. I hope to hang out here a good bit and pick up more info.

Thanks from Texas,

Jeff

welcome to the forums theres loads to learn here !

checkout the apache section here

cheers

anyweb