Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my notebook Asus Eee 12.1" 1215B-SIV128M

I got my notebook running on Debian. Was able to install from usb, that took ages though lol. I have installed the video drivers for the videocard, I got my wireless working.

Only thing not working is my sound which I should be able to get working by installing a backported kernel I was told. Still need to figure that out. And I am not able to play

1080p and 720p files normally. it shows but is extremly slow. I already installed debian multimedia repo and installed multimedia codecs. I did a quick search on the web

and I should be able to play 1080p with the videocard that it has. Any ideas?

Tried playing them in VLC?

I know laggy playing is sometimes due to an incorrect video module or setting that means much of the processing is performed internally rather than decoded by the video chip.

Quote:Tried playing them in VLC?

I know laggy playing is sometimes due to an incorrect video module or setting that means much of the processing is performed internally rather than decoded by the video chip.

Quite strange. I installed a couple of codec and now I'm able to play 720p files with the standard media player. still 1080p won't play.

Find it strange though cuz on my normal pc I never had to install any codec to play 1080 and 720p. and someone told me I need the following to play 1080p files:

you've to install xvba-va-driver in order to play 1080p video files. Strange thing is it's not in the stable repos. only testing and unstable.