Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparent Proxy

Quote:HI  I read ur article about iptables ,it seems u are master in iptables.Indeed i have a question in this field and i will be gratefull if u answer me.I have installed fedora core 3 for squid to use as a transparent proxy. it works but not as i expect

indeed i have an access server 5300 and a router and i want to use my squid between these .i want to route my access server to cache and then by the gateway of the internet NIC to the router i want that my cache do nat too.

I have experienced many different forms but it was useless.if it is possible for u .guide me

THANK YOU

ALI

Transparent Proxy mini-HOWTO

Follow that guide, but the critical iptables rule is basically:

Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128

Good post Ritter.

Ritter rules !

:-)

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="1823" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>HI  I read ur article about iptables ,it seems u are master in iptables.Indeed i have a question in this field and i will be gratefull if u answer me.I have installed fedora core 3 for squid to use as a transparent proxy. it works but not as i expect

indeed i have an access server 5300 and a router and i want to use my squid between these .i want to route my access server to cache and then by the gateway of the internet NIC to the router i want that my cache do nat too.

I have experienced many different forms but it was useless.if it is possible for u .guide me

THANK YOU

ALI

Transparent Proxy mini-HOWTO

Follow that guide, but the critical iptables rule is basically:

Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128

</div></blockquote>
i have checked ur rule but unfortunately i did not succeed.My dial up customers can not open all pages .for example as they asked for gmail ,they get google. or as they ask for msn .THey see only blank sheet before themseleves .they can not open weblocks too