Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubuntu keeps locking up.
ok we'll see :)

Quote:Its still unstable! Argh. Ill just try around. :\

argh.. major negative :(

whats the kernel (im on 2.6.11-1-686)... and maybe check the dmesg?

You know, it could be a processor overheating issue. Used to happen to me all the time.

Quote:You know, it could be a processor overheating issue.  Used to happen to me all the time.

yes, good point.. installing lm_sensors and checking the core temps could indicate this..

guys this happened to me, i find if i just disable screen savers and dont lock the ternimal its fine but then again security isnt the best if you leave your terminal unlocked :(

Quote:You know, it could be a processor overheating issue. Used to happen to me all the time.
Actually the most problems I have had is my Hard Drives locking up cause of over heating. It seems the way Ubuntu Linux uses the Hard drives so much they easily over heat on me. Mostly does it when I multi task doing many things all at once. A simple fan over my Hard Drives solved that mostly. I had problems with dual booting tell I did that to. Have had very little problems now. Other then leaving my PC on for weeks without a fresh restart. Then Linux Ubuntu seems to bog down on me a little. But any OS will do that it seem. Still not at all bad as Windows does. :P