Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi Driver for my laptop

Hello,

did you installed ndiswrapper?

it can be annoyed to setting them up however, you'll need to create your own sh script to loads those setttings to get it connect to your accesspoint/router.

1st, install the ndswrapper but also you'll need to remove the prsim module, you MIGHT need to edit the kernel, but might not... (i didn't edit fedora, but i did custom my own kernel on Gentoo, i am with Gentoo now and never have any problem at all.)

2. you need to make sure you got wlan0 avaiable.

3. you need to add those configure to set those settings for your wlan0 to connect to your other device such as accesspoint or a router.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

rmmod prism54;
ifconfig eth0 down;
route del default gw 192.168.0.1;
modprobe ndiswrapper;
iwlist scan;
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed;
iwconfig wlan0 key restricted XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;
iwconfig wlan0 essid linksys;
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.9 netmask 255.255.255.0;
route add default gw 192.168.0.1 dev wlan0;
ifconfig wlan0 up;

Add those but you need to put your wep key if you have one.. also you may need to change your IP for your lan, however you'll ned to add the gateway's IP (Router's device IP) to grant the internet access.

I hope this helps you.. If you having problem, there is a document for ndswrapper. and if you want to get the information abotu your accesspoint/router use this command

Code:
iwlist scan

it'll give you thier mac address, IP, channel essid. but not wep key you have to http to your accesspoint/router to ge the wep key.

Good luck! :)

please, I have got amilo 1845, you can send my the driver for Wifi and information ?

pabliensanto@hotmail.com

thanks

Quote:Hello,  

it can be annoyed to setting them up however, you'll need to create your own sh script to loads those setttings to get it connect to your accesspoint/router.

1st, install the ndswrapper but also you'll need to remove the prsim module, you MIGHT need to edit the kernel, but might not... (i didn't edit fedora, but i did custom my own kernel on Gentoo, i am with Gentoo now and never have any problem at all.)

2. you need to make sure you got wlan0 avaiable.

3. you need to add those configure to set those settings for your wlan0 to connect to your other device such as accesspoint or a router.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

rmmod prism54;
ifconfig eth0 down;
route del default gw 192.168.0.1;
modprobe ndiswrapper;
iwlist scan;
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed;
iwconfig wlan0 key restricted XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;
iwconfig wlan0 essid linksys;
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.9 netmask 255.255.255.0;
route add default gw 192.168.0.1 dev wlan0;
ifconfig wlan0 up;

<div>

Add those but you need to put your wep key if you have one.. also you may need to change your IP for your lan, however you'll ned to add the gateway's IP (Router's device IP) to grant the internet access.

I hope this helps you.. If you having problem, there is a document for ndswrapper. and if you want to get the information abotu your accesspoint/router use this command

Code:
iwlist scan

it'll give you thier mac address, IP, channel essid. but not wep key you have to http to your accesspoint/router to ge the wep key.

Good luck! :)

</div>

Quote:Hello,  

Hi!

I've got the same problem: I've got a Prism Javelin Isl3886 wi-fi card and I'm using ubuntu 6.06; I've understood I have to remove prism54 that is giving me a hard time and load .inf driver with ndiswrapper, but everytime I try to scan the network etc. my card is not responding because of prism54 that gets uploaded by itself... How can I manage this situation?

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="7127" data-ipsquote-username="Oroshi" data-cite="Oroshi" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="1537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>
Hello,

Hi!

I've got the same problem: I've got a Prism Javelin Isl3886 wi-fi card and I'm using ubuntu 6.06; I've understood I have to remove prism54 that is giving me a hard time and load .inf driver with ndiswrapper, but everytime I try to scan the network etc. my card is not responding because of prism54 that gets uploaded by itself... How can I manage this situation?

</div></blockquote>

I added in etc/modprobe.d/blacklist islsm, islsm_pci and islsm_device and something changed: wifi card didn't work yet but ndiswrapper did, finally my card was named "wlan0" and not anymore "eht2" and there were other parameters.

A problem appeared when I restarted my PC a second time and it stopped while configuring the network... I restarted in safe mode and an error about renaming appeared. I had to edit again the blacklist to use Ubuntu again.

Isn't there another way to unload islsm without such problems?