Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screensaver Logout
Is it possible to set up the screensaver password so that it puts you back at the login screen when you come out of the screensaver. I am using KDE right now in Fedora Core 3 and when the screensaver comes up, it locks the computer so that you need that users password to get out. If someone else wants to use my computer, they need to press the restart button on my case. I just want some way that other people can log in after the screensaver comes on, without having to remove the password protection on the screensaver.

[/url][url=http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/usergu...g-sessions.html]http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/usergu...g-sessions.html

where is the switch user thing? I have fedora core 3, I think that has a newer version of KDE, but I don't see any menu like that.

"The K menu now bears a new entry. Rather at the bottom of the menu you will find a Switch User submenu."

I also don't see any buttons in my screensaver, so I assume its talking about a keyboard button, but then it doesn't say what button it is.

"If you have activated your screensaver and another user wants to log in she or he can simply press the Switch User... button and log into another session."

Quote:where is the switch user thing? I have fedora core 3, I think that has a newer version of KDE, but I don't see any menu like that. 

"The K menu now bears a new entry. Rather at the bottom of the menu you will find a Switch User submenu."

>= KDE3.3 has this .. whats installed ? it is possible to get kde3.3 for fc3 (iirc)

Quote:I also don't see any buttons in my screensaver, so I assume its talking about a keyboard button, but then it doesn't say what button it is. 

"If you have activated your screensaver and another user wants to log in she or he can simply press the Switch User... button and log into another session."

what screensaver is active ? also are you using kdm... i presume it would be require to manage the kde sessions.