Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time user.

Ok im a first time user. i have used knoppix on my current setup. i like it its neato. much better than winxp. i have another system, ive used knoppix on it and it worked well. however i want a system that i dont have to boot from cd everytime i want to use it. however, i dont know what to use, should i use redhat, debian, or any other version. this is going to be a linux only system. one that i can use instead of windows.

question is which one to download? im not going to use it for any networking purposes than to use a usb adapter for wireless. i will be using open office, and some music editing. so which one is the best, easiest to use.

thanx

Welcome to Linux-noob.

I suggest you to use Fedora Core 2 Offical Fedora site

It easy to use, it follow up from redhat as redhat don't provise free disto, Fedora is! :)

Download 4 CDs of Fedroa Core 2 can be found at LinuxISO or Redhat's mirrors site

Hope this help you

thanks vemon,

yes alot of us use fedora core release x (where x=1 or 2)

in fact www.linux-noob.com runs entirely on fedora core release 1

and i'm typing this on my laptop (dell latitude c400) using fedora core release 2

its a really really nice os

cheers

anyweb

Yes indeed, it is. It has almost everything you need, except a good package handler (not sure about core 2), and is user-friendly and good. I recommend it :)