Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beryl.

So I have installed beryl, nvidia drivers for gforce fx 5200, and avant. Beryl and avant start on startup. I figured that out on my own (freaking Sweeet). Well heres what I have. I have the Microsoft wireless photo keyboard. So when I turn my Volume up or down. There is a white box that appears on my screen. My terminal window is completely white still after doing updates. and my awm dont show the launchers i have added to the application. Everything is a plain white box. Any Help would be really helpfull. Thanks

Distro-Ubuntu 7.10

Quote:So I have installed beryl, nvidia drivers for gforce fx 5200, and avant. Beryl and avant start on startup. I figured that out on my own (freaking Sweeet). Well heres what I have. I have the Microsoft wireless photo keyboard. So when I turn my Volume up or down. There is a white box that appears on my screen. My terminal window is completely white still after doing updates. and my awm dont show the launchers i have added to the application. Everything is a plain white box. Any Help would be really helpfull. Thanks

and the distro you are using is ? please include this info so others may have an idea and be able to help you.

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="11706" data-ipsquote-username="DonL" data-cite="DonL" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="3311" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I have installed beryl, nvidia drivers for gforce fx 5200, and avant. Beryl and avant start on startup. I figured that out on my own (freaking Sweeet). Well heres what I have. I have the Microsoft wireless photo keyboard. So when I turn my Volume up or down. There is a white box that appears on my screen. My terminal window is completely white still after doing updates. and my awm dont show the launchers i have added to the application. Everything is a plain white box. Any Help would be really helpfull. Thanks

and the distro you are using is ? please include this info so others may have an idea and be able to help you.

</div></blockquote>

UBUNTU 7.10

hi, did you get the nvidia drivers from nvidia or via synaptic ? (repos)

Yes I did. This is how I installed it.

sudo -i

apt-get install NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run

it has fully installed and I have the Nvidia settings Location in Applications/System Tools On my Tool bar.

[Image: Screenshot-NVIDIAXServerSettings.png]

Maybe this can tell you what I am working with. Its a samsung 40" lcd screen.