Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nVIDIA sys rpm problems
I am running a ABIT NF-7 mobo and it has built in sound decoder and nic card, the sound card seems to work but had VERY low volume levels so I have to turn up my speakers all the way. The nic card doesn

i dont have amd so i cant really advise

but according to this

Quote:Alternative Installation Use this installation if you don't use one of the distributions listed above, or have modified or replaced the default kernel. Please see the README (HTML) for instructions on compiling and installing the tar file or source RPM. The documentation for doing this is contained in the package.

Kernel Supported Kernel Driver File MD5 Sum

Kernel Tar File NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.tar.gz 19e9c6592e8db6ba55c08d42dc49163f

Source RPM NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.src.rpm 3ba12f259c661e9c0c9bc6d6fdf0eb35

STEP 4: Install

Please read the README (HTML) for details on unpacking and installing the drivers.

If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email to linux-nforce-bugs@nvidia.com

so.. id suggest you download this

file and compile it

good luck !

cheers

anyweb

I was able to install the rpm still no nic card but no big deal it find the sound card, but on the other hand i can not get my volume level up i have to max out the volume on my spekers i am playing a cd in KsCD and i have the volume all the way up in the prog and it is still very low. i hate being a noob but hey its fun learing something new. any one have any tips on this ?