Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Booting With Redhat9 and Windows XP

Hi,

I am new to this but i was thinking about dual booting my Windows XP with RedHat9 Linux. I was told "that my computer is working great why give it a reason to mess up" and i agree with that so I talked to a techie person. She said that once you dual boot windows and linux, even if they are on different partitions they will be intermixed and it will work but down the road after the constant updates they will start to blend together and wont beable to be seperated unless I reformat it. So i have a nf7-s and i was thinking can i install another hard drive onto my SATA and have it work in parallel with my 2 IDE harddrives (1x80gigz & 1x120gigz). So i was thinking if i buy a seagate and put redhat9 on my SATA then maybe i could dual boot it from there and have linux on its own hd. but i don't know much about SATA or Linux and i don't want to mess anything up. Plus I don't know if i can start up with SATA with IDE configered. I would love for some people to respond and maybe write me a Guide what to do, or some Facts about SATA and IDE and DUAL BOOTING and if they can work together.

Thanks alot,

Bryon

Sorry I was really confused between Redhat9 and Fedora 1. I am not going to install RedHat9 but i will download Fedora and install Fedora, because Fedora is a successor of RedHat9.

fedora supports sata but the raid part is a bit thin on the ground

try fedora on a blank partition or hardrive and see how it goes,

i use dualboot quite a bit and it works fine

cheers

anyweb