Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!!

Hey everyone.

I am fairly new the the boards and I have enjoyed spending my time lurking around. I thought it was time to go ahead and introduce myself. I am currently enrolled in [/url][url=http://academy.redhat.com]http://academy.redhat.com and I am one of the first people to go through the Red Hat course. So to all who will be taking it sometime in the future, please thank my class and I for going through hell and finding all the bugs for you :)It's a WONDERFUL class and it is a very big eye opener!

My first Red Hat installation was with 5.2 and I was about 15 or so at the time, and for someone who didn't know every hardware spec on a computer, this was a huge challenge. After many monitors being blown, I was able to fiddle around Redhat for a long time. My next install was 7.2 (I believe) and now 9.0 (at home) and ES at school.

I had the honor the other night, to have dinner with Michael Tiemann and a couple of other people who were down in New Bern, NC (the town I have grown up in and still live in) to give speeches about the future of education and so forth. Since our Community College is the first to house Red Hat academy, Michael was down for the next couple of nights. It was fun, and he is VERY educated. The conversations we had were like any normal fan of Red Hat to someone well respected. He even drove in my camaro. *laughs* He is a pretty tall guy :)

Anyways, I will like to stay here and continue to lurk and read and to make contacts for future education purposes.

[img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_ph34r.png[/img]

- Robin P.

hey cool intro and thanks for the info !

btw how did you end up here and why :)

cheers

anyweb

I believe through IRC, I typed in #Redhat to see if a channel had be created (I sorted knew there would be, considering how old the server is) and it was packed. Of course, I asked a "noob" question and was directed to this site. :-D

Also, for those who don't know, Michael Tiemann is the person who made the C++ compiler for linux.

[img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/default_ph34r.png[/img]

- Robin P.