Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screenshot of broken monitor

do i need to have gnome WM installed so this thing works? because i can't make it work for me and the only WM i have is fluxbox,

btw, I have gentoo, and i emerge the gdesklets and it is in

pwnage org # /usr/lib/gdesklets/Displays/

SC-Weather/ SideCandyGmail/

I have these, and whenever i write in terminal; gdesklets &

it opens an icon in my systry and it won't go to my desktop, thanks.

With the latest version of gdesklets you can simply get the URL of the sensor and display and install it that way. Right click on your gdesklets icon >> manage desklets >> install a desklet remotely... Same goes for starting your desklets, right click your gdesklets icon >> manage desklets >> then select a desklet and start

Quote:do i need to have gnome WM installed so this thing works? because i can't make it work for me and the only WM i have is fluxbox,

Answer nope :)

Quote:btw, I have gentoo, and i emerge the gdesklets and it is in 

pwnage org # /usr/lib/gdesklets/Displays/

SC-Weather/  SideCandyGmail/

I have these, and whenever i write in terminal; gdesklets &

it opens an icon in my systry and it won't go to my desktop, thanks.

yup, just do this:

Code:
gdesklet shell &

that will open the gdesklets shell, click and choose the ones you want and thats it.

then for the future, all you need to is start gdesklets as:

Code:
gdesklets &

it will remember the settings ;)

Quote:With the latest version of gdesklets you can simply get the URL of the sensor and display and install it that way.  Right click on your gdesklets icon >> manage desklets >> install a desklet remotely... Same goes for starting your desklets, right click your gdesklets icon >> manage desklets >> then select a desklet and start

equally for non kde/gnome users, simply open the gdesklets shell from above and all will be well :)