Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSIMN.EXE

I'm working on a machine right now. Outlook fails when I go into the "inbox" can anyone explain what is going on with this?

I get fatal exception error. I check on MS website, and it says corrupt *.dbx files. So I am installing IE 6.0 and new version of Outlook to hope to correct problem. I hope this works.

Any other suggestions?

:(

Yes, that should fix the problem with outlook. However, if it doesn't work, I would try uninstalling Outlook completely from your system and reinstalling it again. Hope that helps some. B)

Don't forget to backup your inbox!! locate at:

C:\Documents and Settings\accountname\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities

the Bold is your login name.

Thanks guys however none of that worked. I think there is something in the registry that is screwed. Although I thought reinstalling should have fixed.

Hahhaha... Were talking MS here. ;)

haha yeah, good luck with fixing Outlook!

delete the DBX files, they will be located in somewhere like

c:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{long SID number here}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\*.dbx

if you delete the {long SID number here} folder and all thats in it, outlook should more than likely work fine after that, no need to reinstall

cheers

anyweb

Anyweb, good call my man. It was that stupid {Xw9i0900dio09zx-d90s9} key. hehe. Fixed.