Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
usb terratec sound
I have just acquired a terratec aureon dual usb plug-in sound card which works ok in windows xp but gives no sound in Linux Fedora 10. The instructions say the driver is in the Fedora Core. Should Fedora be able to recognise and deal with the card or do I need to activate the driver in some way?
are you sure its not muted in alsamixer ?

Quote:are you sure its not muted in alsamixer ?
Cheers - I don't know how to check that, I'm a new linux user. I only seem to have ready access to sound preferences, where the sound devices are set to autodetect and Default mixer tracks is set to HDA NVidia (Alsa mixer) The sound tests all work with the pc onboard sound card but they don't work with the Terratec usb plug-in card. I wonder if Fedora needs to select the Terratec as default sound card but I don't know how to do that.

have you tried disabling the nvidia audio in your computers bios, reboot with the usb device in and see what happens ?

Quote:have you tried disabling the nvidia audio in your computers bios, reboot with the usb device in and see what happens ?

Cheers - disabled onboard sound in BIOS and Terratec works ok now, Thanks a lot! GM