Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QT designer 4

in VB .net you can double click a button and it opens the window where you can edit and add code,how do I do this in QT designer 4??

I am baffled

I could well be wrong here, as I have little experience with Qt development, but as far as I'm aware I don't think this is possible.

Again, if I'm correct, Qt Designer works a little differently in that it deals only with the user interface and doesn't have integration with the code underneath.

Anyone with more details feel free to correct me. I'd love to be wrong!

Quote:I could well be wrong here, as I have little experience with Qt development, but as far as I'm aware I don't think this is possible. 

Again, if I'm correct, Qt Designer works a little differently in that it deals only with the user interface and doesn't have integration with the code underneath.

thanks hybrid I wasn't aware of that

I did some searching and I found this:

"Trolltech strongly modified Designer in its new release Qt4. Designer no longer includes a C++ editor and a project management."

I saw a tutorial and it was an older version of qt designer, thats why i thought it was possible

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="12817" data-ipsquote-username="hybrid" data-cite="hybrid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="3662" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I could well be wrong here, as I have little experience with Qt development, but as far as I'm aware I don't think this is possible. 

thanks hybrid I wasn't aware of that

I did some searching and I found this:

"Trolltech strongly modified Designer in its new release Qt4. Designer no longer includes a C++ editor and a project management."

I saw a tutorial and it was an older version of qt designer, thats why i thought it was possible

</div></blockquote>

You can use QDevelop which will let you manage a C++ project and launch Q Designer when needed.