Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless netbook

Quote:If you're using LVM then you shouldn't need to repartition.

Also - you shouldn't need to reboot unless you're bringing a new kernel online.

Wasn't sure about that second thing, but now I know that too. I didn't setup lvm for my netbook since I'm not planning on adding any hard disks.

LVM just means you can dynamically move/expand slices about, but on a netbook - yup, it's kinda an overkill.

Modern distros tend to bung everything into one big (virtual) partition and use quotas to manage capacity/growth. I'd guess you'd do the same thing on your netbook.

I just reinstalled using lvm. Not such a bad idea, just incase.
An update. I reinstalled using lvm. And I updated the system and rebooted and the wireless worked out of the box. No extra things needed to install :)
neato - seems an update fixed it, then. Odd that the update didn't sort the wireless before...

Quote:neato - seems an update fixed it, then. Odd that the update didn't sort the wireless before...

I think the driver which I used from the website didn't do anything. Cuz first time I installed the driver, then updated and then rebooted. And it worked.

And this time I checked lspci and the driver was already listed. So the driver I mentioned earlier in this post is not needed. Lesson for next time.

First update your system before trying anything with drivers.