Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installed fedora 9 on virtual pc 2007

Please Help!

Installed Linux today on my VISTA PC. By using Microsofts virtual PC. At the end of the installation it could not recognize my graphics card on screen resolution. I tried to change it to my card since i saw it in the list. Now on launching I get a larger black screen with faint writing on it and flashing. I'm so new to Linux that I just don't know what to do. I need step by step instructions as this was suppose to be a learning experience for me for a school project....and it did not last long!

FEDORA 9 is what I have installed

Radeon x300 series is my Graphics card.

thank you.

hi, you'd need to download the ati drivers for that card for fedora 9 and install them

cheers

anyweb

Quote:Please Help!Installed Linux today on my VISTA PC. By using Microsofts virtual PC. At the end of the installation it could not recognize my graphics card on screen resolution. I tried to change it to my card since i saw it in the list. Now on launching I get a larger black screen with faint writing on it and flashing. I'm so new to Linux that I just don't know what to do. I need step by step instructions as this was suppose to be a learning experience for me for a school project....and it did not last long!

FEDORA 9 is what I have installed

Radeon x300 series is my Graphics card.

thank you.

Hi!

I'm trying to install FEDORA 9 on my computer but I have some problem at starting the Virtual PC 2007. Had you specified some parameter at the kernel sturtup line

?

Thanks, Mario