unrar e files.rar

e Extract files to current directory

or for all subdirs in files in a rar try

Code:
unrar x files.rar

x Extract files with full path

cheers

anyweb

Thanks for this :- I tried downloading unrar from the rarlabs website and found that when i tried to run either makefile or unrar i got told command not found, even though I was in the correct directory using Konsole and root. As soon as I followed your guide using yum to install I had no more problems, on Fedora core 19 Schroedingers cat. I still do not understand why the command was not found even though I was in the correct directory. Does the makefile command have to be installed before the system "finds" it? And what command would install it if so?

If you downloaded the source code and tried to  configure make make install and got the error that command is not found you probably haven't not install the development tools . You can install them by using the following command:

Code:
yum group install "Development Tools"

But installing rar from the repos is better practice since you don't have to manually rebuild the package again each time a new version is out. When the repo has an update version you can just use

Code:
yum update rar

or during a full system update

Code:
yum update

Don't forget to do it as root.

Quote:<div>Thanks for this :- I tried downloading unrar from the rarlabs website and found that when i tried to run either makefile or unrar i got told command not found, even though I was in the correct directory using Konsole and root. As soon as I followed your guide using yum to install I had no more problems, on Fedora core 19 Schroedingers cat. I still do not understand why the command was not found even though I was in the correct directory. Does the makefile command have to be installed before the system "finds" it? And what command would install it if so?
</div>