How do I enable sound :(

what distro are you running ?

what hardware have you got ?

have you tried alsamixer ? make sure nothing is 'muted' press 'm' to mute/unmute

also check the mp3 plugin is loaded in xmms

cheers

anyweb

have you tried alsamixer ? make sure nothing is 'muted' press 'm' to mute/unmute

cheers

anyweb

I'm running Gentoo, and I have a soundblaster, and when I try alsamixer I get alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device.

My output plugin is ALSA1.2.10 output plugin [libALSA.so] whenever I open an mp3 I get ' failed to open audio output: ALSA 1.2.10 output plugin' same with OSS driver

cheers

anyweb

I'm running Gentoo, and I have a soundblaster, and when I try alsamixer I get alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device.

My output plugin is ALSA1.2.10 output plugin [libALSA.so] whenever I open an mp3 I get ' failed to open audio output: ALSA 1.2.10 output plugin' same with OSS driver

Alright, xmms opens mp3's now, and plays them, the thing is I don't hear anything from my speakers. I maxed out EVERYTHING in alsamixer and I still get nothing :'(

cheers

anyweb

Alright, xmms opens mp3's now, and plays them, the thing is I don't hear anything from my speakers. I maxed out EVERYTHING in alsamixer and I still get nothing :'(

PROBLEM SOLVED :D I just had to go into alsamixer and Unmute it :D There were little boxes all marked MM and all I had to do was check M for each one :) Thanks to Milligan.

oi !

that was one of the first things i said to you in my post !

glad you got it working though

cheers

anyweb

• 2 weeks later...