Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
anyweb

Fedora Core release 6

Fedora Core release 6 - will you install it ?  

23 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you going to install/use Fedora Core release 6

    • yes 100% !!
      11
    • maybe :/
      2
    • once I'm done emerging I'll consider it
      0
    • no
      8
    • what is Fedora ?
      0
    • other:- please comment
      2


Recommended Posts

hi guys, with the iminant release of Fedora core release 6, will you be one of the first people to download and install it ?

 

I will as soon as it hits the mirrors, and I can't wait woohoo !!!!

 

cheers

anyweb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hi guys, with the iminant release of Fedora core release 6, will you be one of the first people to download and install it ?

 

I will as soon as it hits the mirrors, and I can't wait woohoo !!!!

 

cheers

anyweb

 

 

I can't wait. I will be very interested in all thats new.

modernbob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, I won't be installing it. If you use gentoo there is no need for these "omg new release", it after all seamlessly upgrades between versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll definitely upgrade. I'm using FC5 as my main desktop at the moment and I'll probably wait a week or two before making the move over to FC6.

 

Now that my /home is on a different partition that will be a lot easier :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm FC6 release delayed a few days

 

see below:

 

Over the weekend we ran into a few more bugs with Fedora Core 6 that we

> decided were important enough to fix. There were some multilib compose

> issues (wrong packages landing in the wrong dirs), some translation files

> that would cause tracebacks in things like anaconda (whoops), and a

> fedora-release package that forgot to enable updates (double whoops). For

> these reasons and a few others, we decided to respin the release candidate

> tree and push the release date out another couple of days.

>

> The current plan is to spin a release candidate this evening with some last

> minute fixes, and start the sync. Validation has gone very well up to this

> point and baring any blow ups in the spin process, the release looks very

> solid. We're planning to release on Thursday Oct 19th. This should give the

> mirrors enough days to sync up. If things blow up horribly and we have to

> spin again tomorrow, depending on what time we have to respin we may slip

> until next week, as releasing on Fridays or Mondays gets you the wrath of the

> mirror admins (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...