Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SuSE 10.2

SuSE 10.2 was released this week and it's beautiful and gorgeous and everything I ever dreamed, except for the blasted "broadcom wireless support." It recognizes my hp 97xx wireless card, but it won't do anything. It won't read any networks or enable or anything, and NDISWrapper suggests an alternate driver. Even when properly configured, NDISWrapper won't work now. It configures fine with the right drivers, but it flat out won't work. Has anybody gotten far enough into it to know what's going on with this? The KDE 5.5 is beautiful!

post some screenshots !

even with ndiswrapper installed you may have to configure the wireless on/off button on your laptop

read here for more info

cheers

anyweb

Quote:post some screenshots ! 

even with ndiswrapper installed you may have to configure the wireless on/off button on your laptop

read here for more info

cheers

anyweb

Here's screenshots, I can't do anything fancy with the screenshot utility, but here's a snap of the kde desktop. I'll get Gnome later. Also, here's a shot of the message I'm getting from NDISWrapper. It's driving me batty. NDISWrapper made the button work fine in 10.1, but I formatted and put Kubuntu on there, and then I formatted again and did SuSE 10.2. Now I get nothing when I hit the button and I followed the same procedure from 10.1 and 10.0.