Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Remote installation

Hi folks,

I'm prepared to build an experimental server which includes Apache, PHP, MySQL, Proxy, Sendmail, Firewall, Webmail, etc. No graphic will be run on the server. In order to facilitate searching Internet for advice a workstation shall be connected via router to remote install the packages. The IP for the server will be 192.168.0.10 and for the workstation 192.168.0.11. Basic installation will be made by running the DVD installer download from respective website. Additional to the packages for running the server what other packages are needed for remote installation and for accessing the server to configure all relevant services. Please advise. TIA

B.R

satimis

Hi,

Have a read of:

[/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=2158][/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=2158]https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2158

Hi xDamox,

Tks for your link

I read your tutorial as well as anyweb's tutorial;

how to vnc to another pc via SSH, vnc using ssh

[/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=615][/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=615]https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=615

My case will be slightly different. I'm not prepared to NFS install OS on the server. I'll install the base OS, Slackware/CentOS, on the server direct on DVD installer on DVDRom including Apache, PHP, MySQL, Sendmail, etc. but excluding X-window and its related packages. After finish the server will be rebooted. Then the Workstation, say for example a Fedora box, will take place to continue configuring the server. If additional package/packages needed, the Fedora box will install the same on the server remotely. Another question is how to run updating (e.g. apt-get or yum) the server on Fedora box remotely.

IP address for the server will be 192.168.0.10 and for Fedora 192.168.0.11 respectively.

I did this trick, remote administrating distant Linux box, several years before, some thing like dx, fx were needed. But unfortunately I can't recall nor can I found the respective instruction.

Advice would be appreciated. TIA

B.R.

satimis

Hi xDamox,

Tks for your link

I read your tutorial as well as anyweb's tutorial;

how to vnc to another pc via SSH, vnc using ssh

[/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=615][/url][url=<___base_url___>/index.php?showtopic=615]https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=615

My case will be slightly different. I'm not prepared to NFS install OS on the server. I'll install the base OS, Slackware/CentOS, on the server direct on DVD installer on DVDRom including Apache, PHP, MySQL, Sendmail, etc. but excluding X-window and related packages. After finish the server will be rebooted. Then the Workstation, say for example a Fedora box, will take place to continue configuring the server. If additional package/packages needed, the Fedora box will install the same on the server remotely. Another question is how to run updating (e.g. apt-get or yum) the server on Fedora box remotely.

IP address for the server will be 192.168.0.10 and for Fedora 192.168.0.11 respectively.

I did this trick, remote administrating distant Linux box, several years before, some thing like dx, fx were needed. But unfortunately I can't recall nor can I found the respective instruction.

Advice would be appreciated. TIA

B.R.

satimis