Sign in to follow this  
DonL

Beryl.

So I have installed beryl, nvidia drivers for gforce fx 5200, and avant. Beryl and avant start on startup. I figured that out on my own (freaking Sweeet). Well heres what I have. I have the Microsoft wireless photo keyboard. So when I turn my Volume up or down. There is a white box that appears on my screen. My terminal window is completely white still after doing updates. and my awm dont show the launchers i have added to the application. Everything is a plain white box. Any Help would be really helpfull. Thanks

Distro-Ubuntu 7.10

So I have installed beryl, nvidia drivers for gforce fx 5200, and avant. Beryl and avant start on startup. I figured that out on my own (freaking Sweeet). Well heres what I have. I have the Microsoft wireless photo keyboard. So when I turn my Volume up or down. There is a white box that appears on my screen. My terminal window is completely white still after doing updates. and my awm dont show the launchers i have added to the application. Everything is a plain white box. Any Help would be really helpfull. Thanks

and the distro you are using is ? please include this info so others may have an idea and be able to help you.

and the distro you are using is ? please include this info so others may have an idea and be able to help you.

UBUNTU 7.10

hi, did you get the nvidia drivers from nvidia or via synaptic ? (repos)

Yes I did. This is how I installed it.

sudo -i

apt-get install NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run

it has fully installed and I have the Nvidia settings Location in Applications/System Tools On my Tool bar.

Screenshot-NVIDIAXServerSettings.png

Maybe this can tell you what I am working with. Its a samsung 40" lcd screen.