Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sound of music

I have Fedora 10 installed with real player 11 as default music player but after some automatic system updates the real player doesn't function. Can anybody advise me as to how to get it working again?

Cheers, GM

how did you install realplayer ? did you try a reboot ? did you check alsamixer ?

is there a real player for Fedora/linux ??

where can i get it !! and does it have the live stream download plugin wherein .. you can download live streaming videos from the site??

Quote:is there a real player for Fedora/linux ??
From what I understand, try RealAlternative for Linux.

Quote:how did you install realplayer ? did you try a reboot ? did you check alsamixer ?

To install realplayer I just googled Fedora linux real player - there were several alternatives given by different sites and I downloaded several of them until one actually worked. Unfortunately i didn't note which site and what the filename was - I think it was an i386 option with a tar ending, but I can't be sure. I'm not sure what 'trying a reboot' involves, other than switching the machine off and then on again. I don't know how to check alsamixer, but the sound features I have specify OSS rather than Alsa, so perhaps that affects the situation in some way.

i am having problem i installed realplayer 11 using rpm .. running fedora 10 kde 4.2

well the problem is i click on realplayer it shows the realplayer tab on my task bar and after sometime its gone .. nothing comes !!

what do you think is problem ??

got it working

Any chance of posting a report on what you did? Mainly to aid those that may encounter the same problem, so that it'll show up in a forum search.

Go on - you *know* you want to! Don't keep us all in suspense!