Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11 Days till Leonidas arrives

[Image: fedora11-countdown-banner-11.en.png]

in the meantime, take a look at these extensive spins of Fedora 11 Preview,

has anyone tried the Live Game Spin ??

Quote:F11-Preview-i686-Live-Games.torrent The Fedora Games spin offers a perfect show-case of the best games available in Fedora 11. 3.9G 2009-04-28

http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

cheers

anyweb

Posting this from it now Anyweb.

Had the blank screen issue as I own an Nvidia card, passing 'nouveau.modeset=1' to the kernel fixed it all for me. PulseAudio defaulted my creative sound blaster to digital, took me a while to find the correct volume control to change it. Now its perfect, running very well, I can honestly say its far more responsive than Fedora 10 was. Installed to my Hard drive and now my main OS.

[Image: fedora11_screenshot_resized.jpg]

nice screenshot, which spin are you using there and did you config the dock yourself ?

I actually just used the standard Fedora Live x86_64 Gnome Preview image, I had wanted to try F11-Preview-x86_64-Live-Games but the blank screen issue forced me to grab a standard image to make sure it was a problem with Fedora 11's new nouveau driver.

The dock is Gnome-do and its Docky theme. Now part of fedora 11, just a simple 'yum install gnome-do' away. Select the docky theme from gnome-do settings. (Requires Compiz)

I will be giving the F11-Preview-x86_64-Live-XFCE image a spin on the kids Acer Aspire one, she is a big fan of Fedora 10. I will probably wait for a final version first though, been a lot of updates over the last week.

nice ! as soon as my bittorent download finishes i'll give it a whirl, i'm downloading the 3.8gb Fedora 11 preview games pack, i really want to see how good it is and also to try your dock suggestions

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_05_2009/post-1-1243275457.png" data-fileid="1136">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_05_2009/post-1-1243275457.png[/img]</a>

cheers

anyweb

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_Transmission.png (Size: 38.54 KB / Downloads: 0)
Nice, let me know what you think of the Games spin.

how do you get cairo dock for fedora 11?

does anybody know then tell me. :)

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_05_2009/post-5836-1243783031.png" data-fileid="1137">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_05_2009/post-5836-1243783031.png[/img]</a>

this is the dock i was talking about

Attached Files
.png   2009_05_11_212608.png (Size: 92.41 KB / Downloads: 0)

Its in the RPM Fusion repo.

Install RPM Fusion,

Code:
su -c 'rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm'

Then install cairo-dock

Code:
su -c "yum install cairo-dock"

thanks Yeok,

by the way, Christopher is my eldest son (he's 10) and i installed fedora 11 game preview on his computer dual boot with Vista Ultimate,

cheers

anyweb