Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

OpenShot -- Video Editing Made Simple

Desktop Linux isn't necessarily the first platform you'd think of going to for video editing. Despite that, there are several great projects that offer video editing functionality; things like PiTiVi, Cinelerra and Kino to name just a few.

Jonathan Thomas wasn't satisfied with the existing video editing solutions on Linux, however. They weren't easy enough to use, powerful or stable enough. Enter OpenShot, Jonathan's solution.

Disclaimer -- I wrote this article. So this is somewhat shameless self-promotion!

Read the full article

I was excited to give this a try, but I can't seem to find links to the source, just Ubuntu links :(

Anyway, nice write up. I will look forward to more of your reviews.

Anyway, nice write up. I will look forward to more of your reviews.

Thanks!

I was excited to give this a try, but I can't seem to find links to the source, just Ubuntu links :(

According to the download page, the source is available as part of the build wizard link provided, but I haven't tried it so I don't know how that works. http://launchpad.net/openshot/build-wizard/create-a-build-wizard/+download/openshot_wizard_1.0.6.tar.gz

I did grab that, the README says its designed for Ubuntu. I may give it a go later but have a feeling it will use apt-get to grab its needed packages.

great write up :)

next time ya might do one here :P

Sign in to follow this